- A Monsoon trough (ITCZ) extends west to starting in the South China Sea from 13°N 105°E, across the Philippines to Yap Island… through a Suspect Area of Interest located at 7°N 144°E, about 725 km SSW of Guam, USA… the trough ends at the Equator, near 157°E.
- A surface trough goes across the Marianas Islands FROM 16°N 136°E to 12°N 143°E to 20°N 151°E through a Suspect Area of Interest located at 23°N 158°E to beyond 25°N 171°E.
- An upper-level low (TUTT) is centered north of the Marianas Islands at 21°N 146°E.
- The Subtropical ridge is centered East of Japan and extends to Eastern China all the way to Northern Luzon.
- 60% of models have depicted a Tropical Cyclone to form near Yap Island in the Carolines, Southwest of Guam by the end of the week to early next week.
- The Suspect Area of Interest located at 7°N 144°E, about 725 km SSW of Guam, USA is currently being considered as its origin although it’s not yet being considered as a Invest area by NRL or JTWC.
The Suspect Area of Interest located at 7°N 144°E is in an area of moderate and increasing wind shear of 10-20 kts. The system should move in an area of favorable shear later on. Moderate and increasing convergence and upper level divergence has also been observed in the area.
No Tropical Cyclone formation is expected until Sept. 8, Saturday although odds are increasing that it is possible by the start of next week.
Data from NWS-Guam, PAGASA, Japan Met (JMA), Thai Met (TMD), JTWC, CIMSS, NRL, NOAA CPC, PSU Met Dept.
@ManilaTC | #ClarkEligue
Copyright © 2010-2012 Westernpacificweather.com | http://www.westernpacificweather.com/2012/05/26/copyright-notice/
For Complete Eastern Asia weather Updates
Tropical Weather Discussion
Daily Satellite Analysis
Follow and LIKE Clark’s Manila Typhoon Center Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ManilaTyphoonCenter
Check out Clark’s Manila Typhoon Center website
Follow Clark on Twitter! @ManilaTC @sonpudong
Follow Westernpacificweather on Facebook
See us at our Partners Webpage 28storms
Typhoon Chaser Footage